Saturday, June 8, 2013

Busy Bag Idea: Felt Robots!

I haven't made a new busy bag for a long time, but Molly is always pulling them out to play with. Click HERE to read about busy bags and a few other ideas for them! I made a new one that was a big hit with both my kids, ages 3 and 6: Felt Robots!

Cut out several shapes from colored felt. You can buy single sheets of felt at Walmart for maybe $0.29 each so you can get a good variety of colors.  Make some normal shapes like rectangles, squares, circles, and triangles. Naming these shapes is great practice for my three year old.  Include plenty of smaller circles and squares to be the buttons! Also make some silly shapes like squiggly lines and crescents (for smiles) to complete your collection.  Molly (age 6) helped me cut some shapes this time and got very creative!

Have your child build a robot out of the felt shapes! This is a fun, quiet project your child can do with or without you. My favorite part was so unexpected - Molly and Ben focused on what each robot would be used for and named what each button would do! What wonderful imaginations!

No comments: