Sunday, June 3, 2012

Beginning Butterfly Week

Our first official week of MOMS Camp this year is all about butterflies! On the first day, I gave Molly (5) a special present: butterfly wings! I found these on Amazon.com which is my favorite "store" of all time! I was so pleased when they arrived - and so was Molly! They fit great and are made well. I love that she can really "flutter" her wings as we played "butterfly tag" and then "butterfly hide-and-seek" in our back yard. What a wonderful addition to our dress up closet!


Our butterfly outing for this week was to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead in Overland Park, KS. Molly and Ben (2) both love to see and feed the animals, ranging from goats, cows, chickens and pigs to bison, bald eagles and turtles. They have a special butterfly garden filled with hidden paths and butterfly houses. Luckily we did get to chase a few butterflies in between chasing each other!

For breakfast on our first morning of butterfly week, we had special butterfly toast! I used a large butterfly-shaped cookie cutter to cut the toast, but you can also cut a slice into diamonds and rearrange them on a plate to create a butterfly's wings. To top it off, after spreading on butter, I sprinkled on a bit of cinnamon and colored sugar to make them extra special. What an enchanting butterfly day!


No comments: