Sunday, May 22, 2011

Get Ready For MOMS Camp tomorrow!

I'm so excited for tomorrow: it's my 3oth birthday and the official start of MOMS camp. Molly's last day of preschool is Tuesday so I'm counting it as her first week of summer vacation. I know some moms whose preschoolers are already out so I don't think it's too much of a jump start. ;O)

The past couple days I've been busy with a special birthday trip to the Omaha Zoo, so I'm just now getting around to listing what you might need for this week's MOMS Camp. I printed out and mostly planned everything last week, but I'm kinda putting it together today so I'm all ready. I'll give you a list of supplies and ingredients you might need. But first...

The first week's theme for MOMS Camp is: Up, Up, And Away! A week of birds, kites, and hot air balloons. :O) This week was inspired by the movie 'Rio' which is still in theaters, and the 3rd Annual Kansas Hot Air Balloon Invitational. The hot air balloons will be at Celebration Park in Gardner, KS from Thursday thru Sunday... check online for a full schedule of launches and activities. I'll be taking the kiddos on Sunday evening probably.

Here's a list of supplies you might need this week for crafts I'm planning:
  • Popsicle sticks
  • construction paper or cardstock
  • yarn
  • paper plate
  • corn starch
  • small bathroom paper cup
  • helium balloon
  • the regulars (crayons, markers, glue, scissors, etc)
Here's a list of ingredients you might need this week for snacks I'm planning:
  • coconut
  • white chocolate chips
  • chocolate cookie like devils food or those fudge covered oreos
  • bread
  • eggs
  • nuts and dried fruits

I hope to post tomorrow with pictures of our projects so you can follow along. Our first big plan is to go see Rio at the movie theater! Message me if you wanna join us and I'll send you the time and place!

No comments: